Tuesday 3 December 2019

Bloom where you are planted.

Some days I just wish I was in Paris....

Sitting at a table in a little cafe. Eating a croissant ....watching the beautiful Parisian women strolling by.
I have my dress..Its silk. it's printed with French themed graphics. The Eiffel Tower, bridges, French words. I am not sure where it is from or who made it..it doesn't have a label. It has that lovely warp construction that changes from copper to brown to purple depending on how the light hits it. Even the lining is lovely. I bought it in a thrift store.  I love it.....It will never fit me..



and here is a closeup.
It"s lovely. and I will probably cut it up someday to use in another project. But today I will just look at it.

I don't do a lot of dressmaking any more. I used to but now I find it just too easy to buy t shirts and jeans which form the staple of my wardrobe.

Instead I will sit in my little house near the corner and look out the window to this lovely display of early works by Jack Frost.


Thanks for stopping by. Keep warm.







2 comments:

  1. Your lovely little gargole (sp?) has icey teeth! I think it is great you can look at your "Paris" dress and remember your time there, enjoy the dress as it is and think happy thoughts. We all need to pause and enjoy more! Thanks for reminding me of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jo. yes i really feel like i am starting to pause and enjoy. Simple things can bring great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete