Sunday 18 February 2018

Affirmation Bowl





I recently enrolled in a group project called "The Affirmation Bowl".  It was created by Laura Thompson of Barrie Ontario. She created 100 fabric bowls and sent them out into the world. They each will reside in four homes over the next year. The only instructions are to place the bowl in a prominent spot where you will see it often and think good thoughts.


I received my bowl in January and I will have it until April. Then I get to choose who I will give the bowl to. Then its out of my hands.




                                                       Its a lovely little bowl.

I have placed it on the little table near the window. I pass it often. And when it catches my eye I say a little mantra to myself about how lucky I am.

I am lucky. I have had a lot of happiness in my life. I had a long and loving marriage. I raised two daughters to be successful adults. I have three grandsons who are very special.

The bowl came to me as I was marking the first anniversary of my husband's death. Marking the anniversary--not celebrating. just marking.


He left the same way he lived. quietly, gently with no fanfare and no drama. He did not wake up.

He was not finished. There were a lot of things that he had planned. He was working on a few projects. He had so many more things to do--

I have taken a year off. I think I will find my voice again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment